Kamloops Fire Rescue respond to McDonalds deep fryer fire - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
7.2°C

Kamloops Fire Rescue respond to McDonalds deep fryer fire

Image Credit: SUBMITTED/Nathan Ritchie
December 08, 2018 - 9:35 AM

KAMLOOPS - A Kamloops McDonalds was temporarily closed last night due to a small deep fryer fire.

Kamloops Fire Rescue arrived at the McDonalds location in Sahali at about 11:30 p.m. last night, Dec. 7. Platoon Captain Darryl Cooper was on scene and told CFJC that it was a container beside the deep fryer that caught fire.

Platoon Captain Dave Ferguson told iNFOnews when crews arrived there was smoke in the building and the fire was already out. Staff were quickly allowed back in the building.

"[Restaurants] have special extinguishing stuff in place that automatically extinguishes a fire," Ferguson said in a phone interview, "It's not like it's at a home where if you have a grease fire... and you're not prepared with something to cover and smother it, it quite often lights the house on fire."

Ferguson says it's a requirement of all restaurants to have extinguishing mechanisms in place in case of a fire, and that equipment must be checked one per year by a trained technician.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Shelby Thevenot or call (250) 819-6089 or email the editor You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won’t censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © Infotel News Ltd, 2018
Infotel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile