Kamloops apartment fire leaves 3 homeless - InfoNews

Current Conditions


Kamloops apartment fire leaves 3 homeless

No one was hurt when a stove fire spread to the cabinets in an apartment on Pemberton Terrace in Kamloops.
Image Credit: Google Maps
September 21, 2013 - 12:32 PM

KAMLOOPS - There was some initial panic when crews arrived thanks to the clouds of smoke billowing from a Kamloops apartment building late Friday night.

In the end it turned out to be a kitchen fire in one second floor unit that firefighters kept from spreading to the rest of the building.

Fire crews were called to the Sands Apartments at 400 Pemberton Terr. at about 11:36 p.m.

“There was a lot of smoke on arrival,” according to assistant fire chief Curtis Bossert. “The fire started on the stove and burned the cabinets.”

The apartment suffered both smoke and fire damage, enough that the people living there won’t be going home anytime soon. The three people are in the care of Emergency Social Services.

No one was hurt.

Some of the other residents in the building were temporarily evacuated.

News from © iNFOnews, 2013

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile