It's not Christmas in Penticton until...
By Steve Arstad
A sure sign of the Christmas season in Penticton is the annual Santa Claus Parade.
(STEVE ARSTAD / iNFOnews.ca)
December 21, 2015 - 6:30 PM
PENTICTON - There are several signs the Christmas season is upon us in Penticton.
1. It’s a sign of Christmas in Penticton when you see emergency vehicles, buses, taxis and personal vehicles adorned with antlers. What other time of the year does anyone attach fake antlers to their vehicles? It's a trend that seems to be on the rise in Penticton.
2. It’s a sign of Christmas in Penticton when you see hundreds line Main Street in the cold wind to watch the Santa Claus Parade.
3. It’s a sign of Christmas in Penticton when you find yourself following the Christmas lights tour bus through the city. The popular bus tours are usually followed by a caravan of vehicles as motorists let the bus drivers do all the navigating. Makes for a less stressful evening for the driver, who has a little more time to view the many great light displays in Penticton.
4. It’s a sign of Christmas in Penticton when your favourite coffee shop finds room for Christmas decor. It doesn’t matter how big or how small the venue is, there is always room for Christmas decorations. And let’s not forget the Christmas tree.
5. It’s a sign of Christmas when the famous Peach concession is covered with a dusting of snow.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015