Hot ashes spark shed fire - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy

Hot ashes spark shed fire

February 24, 2014 - 9:24 AM

KELOWNA – Make sure the ashes you clean out of your wood stove or fireplace are cold before you toss them into your garbage can.

That advice from Kelowna Fire Department after they put out a shed fire at 4060 Todd Rd. at about 11 a.m. Saturday.

The blaze was sparked by hot ashes in a garbage can next to the building.

When fire fighters arrived, they found a neighbour on the roof of the shed applying water while the owners were trying to get their possessions out of the burning structure.

Fire crews quickly doused the flames. No one was hurt.

The shed suffered some damage from the fire and the water used to put it out.

The owner said he had cleaned out his wood stove earlier that morning and put what he thought were cold ashes into the garbage can outside the shed.

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile