Glee actor died of heroin, alcohol toxicity: Coroner | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter?

Kelowna News

Glee actor died of heroin, alcohol toxicity: Coroner

Foul play has been ruled out in death of Glee star Cory Monteith.
Image Credit: CP/AP

Cory Monteith, the Vancouver-born star of the popular TV series Glee, died of a mixed-toxicity involving heroin and alcohol, the B.C. Coroners Service confirmed today.

Monteith, 31, was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver shortly after noon on July 13.

He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he didn't, hotel staff checked his room and found him. The findings are based on an autopsy and toxicological analysis.

No other details are being released until a coroner's report is issued. The coroners service said "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident." 

News from © iNFOnews, 2013

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile