Garage fire sends Kelowna man to hospital for smoke inhalation - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Cloudy
13.1°C

Garage fire sends Kelowna man to hospital for smoke inhalation

Image Credit: FILE PHOTO
June 02, 2019 - 8:18 AM

KELOWNA - A man is in hospital being assessed for smoke inhalation after a garage fire in Kelowna last night.

According to a press release, the Kelowna Fire Dispatch received several calls around 7:30 p.m. on June 1 about a garage on fire in the 500 block of Spruceview Place North. The first officer on the scene reported heavy smoke billowing out from a two-car garage.

A resident of the house attached to the garage had mostly extinguished the blaze when firefighters arrived at the address. They eliminated the rest of the fire and determined it was contained to the garage. No structural damage was found and the fire was deemed accidental.

Due to the excessive smoke, the nearby home was uninhabitable. One man was transported to the Kelowna General Hospital to be assessed for smoke inhalation.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Sean Mott or call (250) 864-7494 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2019
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kelowna News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile