Forecast calls for wet but mild Okanagan weekend | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Clear
5.5°C

Kelowna News

Forecast calls for wet but mild Okanagan weekend

Mainly cloudy conditions are forecast for the South Okanagan Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019, while there is a 30 per cent chance of showers for the rest of the valley.
November 14, 2019 - 12:03 PM

Some rain is in the weekend forecast for the Okanagan but temperatures should stay on the mild side.

Environment Canada meteorologist Doug Lundquist says the valley could see some rain on Saturday — with higher amounts in the North Okanagan — but temperatures are going to be a few degrees above normal over the next few days.

Compare that forecast to parts of Vancouver Island that could see more than 100 mm of precipitation as a perfectly aligned jet stream is expected to bring drenching rain to the coast starting Saturday, according to The Weather Network.

That’s still not as bad as Ontario, where lingering snow today where between two and 15 cm could fall in parts of south and central Ontario, followed by patchy freezing rain tomorrow and another shot of arctic air on the weekend.

In Toronto, the third coldest November morning ever recorded was the -13.5 Celsius yesterday, Nov. 13, at Pearson Airport, The Weather Network reports.

Today in the Okanagan it should be mainly cloudy with a high of 6 Celsius in Vernon and Kelowna, and a 30 per cent chance of showers. The daytime high should reach 7 C in Penticton under mainly cloudy skies.

Skies are expected to remain cloudy overnight in the Okanagan with a 60 per cent chance of showers before morning in Vernon and Kelowna, where overnight lows should dip to 3 C. Penticton should see mainly cloudy skies with a low of 4 C.

Tomorrow should be cloudy once again with a 60 per cent chance of showers in the morning in Vernon and Kelowna — a 40 per cent chance in Penticton — with a mix of sun and cloud in the afternoon. Tomorrow’s high is expected to reach 8 C with an overnight low of 0 C. The snow level is expected to drop to 1,400 metres with cloudy periods and a 40 per cent chance of showers overnight.

On Saturday, the weather office is calling for rain with a high of 5 C. You can expect periods of rain overnight, a brisk wind with the temperature steady at 5 C.

Clouds and a 30 per cent chance of showers are forecast for Sunday along with a high of 11 C and a low of 1 C.

Monday should see increasing cloudiness and a high of 7 C, a 30 per cent chance of showers overnight and a low of 2 C.

Clouds with a 30 per cent chance of showers are also in store for Tuesday.

Wednesday should see a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 5 C.

Normal temperatures this time of year in the Okanagan are highs of 3 C and lows of -3 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2019
iNFOnews

  • Popular penticton News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile