Flurries, milder temperatures in the forecast for the Okanagan this weekend - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
5.0°C

Flurries, milder temperatures in the forecast for the Okanagan this weekend

Kalamalka Lake on Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2017.
Image Credit: SUBMITTED/Breanne Tripp
January 04, 2018 - 10:31 AM

OKANAGAN - The mercury will creep above the freezing mark this weekend with flurries throughout the Okanagan, although no significant accumulation of snow is expected.

There is a 40 per cent chance of flurries today, Jan. 5, in Kelowna and Vernon with a high of -5 Celsius, according to the forecast from Environment Canada. There is a 60 per cent chance of flurries overnight with a low of -6 C.

Expect a cloudy day in Penticton today with a brisk southerly wind this afternoon and a high of -2 C. There is a 40 per cent chance of flurries late this evening and overnight with a low of -1 C.

There is a 40 per cent chance of flurries in Kelowna and Penticton tomorrow with overcast skies in Vernon. Temperatures will vary across the Okanagan tomorrow with highs around -2 C Kelowna and Vernon, and a high of 1 C in Penticton.

On Saturday there is a 60 per cent chance of flurries across the valley with temperatures climbing above the freezing mark to 1 C.

There is only a 30 per cent chance of flurries on Sunday with a high of 0 C.

Normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of -2 C and lows of -8 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Taylor Rae or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2018
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile