FLOOD WATCH 2017: Showers expected in the Okanagan for next two days; thunderstorms still possible - InfoNews.ca

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
7.4°C

FLOOD WATCH 2017: Showers expected in the Okanagan for next two days; thunderstorms still possible

FILE PHOTO
May 12, 2017 - 11:45 AM

KELOWNA - The Okanagan may still see thunderstorms over the next couple days before weather improves.

Environment Canada says there’s a risk of thunderstorms this afternoon, early evening and tomorrow afternoon, though the severe thunderstorm watch and special weather statements have ended.

In the South Okanagan, showers are predicted for today, May 12, while there’s a 60 per cent chance the North and Central Okanagan will see showers. There’s a 40 per cent chance of showers predicted for tonight across the Okanagan and again tomorrow afternoon.

While showers may exasperate the current flood issues, temperatures will remain cool, with highs around 14 Celsius and lows at night around 4 C over the next two days.

Beyond Saturday, things are currently forecast to calm down precipitation-wise, with cloudy days and nights expected Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with highs in the mid-teens and lows around 5 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Brendan Kergin or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile