Fall-like weather this week for Kamloops, Okanagan | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source
Subscribe

Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter?

Kelowna News

Fall-like weather this week for Kamloops, Okanagan

For the first time in months, normal temperatures are forecast for Kamloops and the Okanagan this week.

For much of the summer and fall, temperatures were well above normal and rainfall was almost non-existent.

The normal high temperature for Kamloops today, Oct. 23, is 11 Celsius. That’s the forecast high for today with highs ranging from 9 C to 12 C during the week.

The normal overnight low temperature is 1 C. The forecast is 1 C to 2 C early in the week, jumping to 12 C overnight Thursday then back down to 4C to 5 C.

While some rain was forecast over the weekend, the Environment Canada forecast shows none recorded for Kamloops this month. There was a 40% chance of showers early this morning turning into a mix of sun and cloud today and Tuesday. There is a 60% chance of showers tomorrow afternoon followed by a mix of sun and cloud for the next few days.

For the Okanagan, the forecast was for rain ending this morning then a 40% chance of showers this afternoon. Much of the week is forecast to have a mix of sun and clouds.

Rain did fall in Kelowna (6 mm) and Vernon (2.2 mm) on Friday but none was recorded over the weekend.

High temperature are forecast to be 9 C to 10 C this week in the Okanagan, which is normal. Overnight lows are normally 1 C. That’s the forecast for overnight tonight but it’s expected to warm to 4 C to 5 C later in the week.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Rob Munro or call 250-808-0143 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © iNFOnews, 2022
iNFOnews

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile