Expect more unsettled weather this week in Kamloops | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
2.9°C

Kamloops News

Expect more unsettled weather this week in Kamloops

July 06, 2020 - 11:01 AM

Following a rare, mostly sunny weekend in Kamloops, it appears the city is in for more of the same unsettled conditions this week.

There is a chance of thunderstorms today and tomorrow before the sunshine returns later in the week. If you're heading outdoors for some summer recreation this week, it looks like Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be the best days to do so.

While Kamloops struggles to put together more than a couple of consecutive days of summer weather, Ontario continues to bake in a heat wave that should see temperatures in the mid to high 30s Celsius this week. The Weather Network says heat warnings have been issued for much of Ontario as the heat wave enters its second week. The province hasn’t had much rain either, as Toronto only received 70 per cent of its normal June rain, and no rain has fallen so far in July.

In Alberta, Calgary continues to deal with severe weather as a tornado alert was issued for that city late yesterday, July 6. The tornadoes didn’t materialize, but The Weather Network says Alberta faces further severe weather risks today, with a potential for severe thunderstorms in that province.

Environment Canada says to expect a mix of sun and cloud in Kamloops today, July 6, with a 40 per cent chance of showers late this afternoon along with the risk of a thunderstorm. Today’s high should reach 28 C with a low to 14 C tonight.

There is a 60 per cent chance of showers overnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Winds are expected to be light except around thunderstorms, where gusts of up to 60 km/h are expected.

There is a 70 per cent chance of showers Tuesday with a risk of thunderstorm and a high of 20 C expected. Clouds with a 60 per cent chance of showers are anticipated Tuesday night, along with a low of 13 C.

Skies should clear Wednesday with a high of 25 C and a low of 12 C forecast.

More sun is predicted Thursday and Friday with highs of 27 C and 26 C respectively, and overnight lows of 13 C.

The weekend looks cloudy and possibly wet once again, with a 60 per cent chance of showers Saturday and a 40 per cent chance of showers Sunday.

Temperatures on the weekend won’t be too seasonable either, with a high  of 24 C on Saturday and a high of 22 C expected Sunday.

Normal temperatures at this time of year in Kamloops are highs of 25 C and lows of 11 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular kelowna News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile