Soprano Anna Netrebko announces separation from tenor Yusif Eyvazov | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source
Subscribe

Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter?

Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy  19.6°C

Soprano Anna Netrebko announces separation from tenor Yusif Eyvazov

FILE - Soprano Anna Netrebko, left, and tenor Yusif Eyvazov attend a news conference on the premiere of Manon Lescaut in the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow, Russia, Friday, Oct. 14, 2016. Netrebko and Eyvazov have separated. The couple, who married in 2015, say in a statement: “After 10 happy years together, we have made the difficult but amicable decision to separate.” (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko, File)

Soprano Anna Netrebko and tenor Yusif Eyvazov have separated.

The couple had been together since 2014, when they appeared together in Puccini’s “Manon Lescaut” at Rome's Teatro dell'Opera. They married in 2015.

“After 10 happy years together, we have made the difficult but amicable decision to separate,” Netrebko and Eyvazov said in a statement issued Wednesday by her London-based manager. “We will remain wonderful friends, united in our love for Tiago, and look forward to our announced and future stage collaborations.”

Netrebko, 52, has a 15-year-old son, Tiago, from her relationship with bass-baritone Erwin Schrott, her partner from 2007-2013.

Netrebko was dropped by New York's Metropolitan Opera in 2022 because the company said she did not repudiate Russian President Vladimir Putin following Russia's invasion of Ukraine. She has sued the Met and general manager Peter Gelb, alleging defamation and breach of contract.

News from © The Associated Press, 2024
The Associated Press

  • Popular kamloops News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile