Cracked chimney causes house fire

Image Credit: Google Maps

KELOWNA – A cracked chimney is to blame for a small house fire on Mathews Road Tuesday morning.

According to a release the Kelowna Fire Department, firefighters arrived at 11 a.m. today, May 6, to one of the occupants outside the home.

“Firefighters extinguished the flames which were on the side of the house between the chimney and the outside wall,” says platoon captain Eric Simpson.

Damage was confined to the outside of the house and one room downstairs. There were no injuries.

Three fire engines, a rescue truck, and a command vehicle responded with a dozen firefighters.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at aproskiw@infonews.ca or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.


Mom's who have lost kids to overdose have been mailing photos to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as part of a new project called Somebody's Someone.
Trudeau getting hundreds of photos from Interior moms whose children died from overdoses
Hundreds of black-bordered envelopes adorned with purple hearts were sent to the Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this week from moms hurt by overdose deaths. Inside the envelopes are photos of family members who have died since the start of t

Top News