Current Conditions

Cloudy
2.8°C

Couch burns in Keremeos garage fire

Keremeos firefighters were called to a Middle Bench Road residence yesterday afternoon for a structure fire.
Image Credit: SUBMITTED
August 23, 2017 - 4:53 PM

KEREMEOS - Keremeos firefighters put out a couch fire in a garage yesterday.

Chief Jordy Bosscha says two engines and 16 firefighters answered the call to the blaze at a home on Middle Bench Road around 5:30 p.m. yesterday, Aug. 22.

Firefighters were able to knock the fire down and contain it to a couch in the attached garage, Bosscha says, adding there was also smoke damage throughout the house.

There were no injuries in the incident. Firefighters were on scene for approximately an hour.

Firefighters were able to quench the blaze, which burned a couch in the residence's garage.
Firefighters were able to quench the blaze, which burned a couch in the residence's garage.
Image Credit: SUBMITTED

To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kelowna News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile