Cooler temperatures, showers before weekend clearing in Kamloops | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

2.4°C

Kamloops News

Cooler temperatures, showers before weekend clearing in Kamloops

Today and tomorrow's forecast calling for clouds and showers along with a possible thunderstorm today and tomorrow should clear in time for a pleasant weekend in Kamloops.
August 20, 2020 - 8:00 AM

The hot weather experienced by Kamloops in recent days is coming to an end.

Showers are in the forecast for today and tomorrow, followed by a return to temperatures in the mid 20s Celsius, making for the prospect of a pleasant weekend.

Today, Environment Canada says to expect a 70 per cent chance of showers in the morning, dropping to 30 per cent near noon. There is the risk of a thunderstorm later today.

Winds should become east at 20 km/h  in the afternoon with a high of 28 C and a low of 17 C.

Friday should begin with a mix of sun and cloud, becoming cloudy with a 70 per cent chance of showers in the afternoon. There could also be a thunderstorm later in the day, with winds becoming southeast 20 km/h late in the morning, then southwest 30 gusting to 50 late in the afternoon.

Friday’s high should reach 28 C with a low of 12 C overnight, along with a 70 per cent chance of showers.

The weekend looks to be mostly sunny with a high of 27 C on Saturday, and Sunday, with lows of 11 C and 16 C respectively.

A mix of sun and cloud is expected to start the work week on Monday, with a high of 28 C both Monday and Tuesday.

Wednesday should also be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 26 C.

Kamloops’ normal high and low for late August is 27 C and 13 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile