Cloudy, but mild week ahead in the Okanagan - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
2.2°C

Cloudy, but mild week ahead in the Okanagan

FILE PHOTO
January 23, 2017 - 10:16 AM

OKANAGAN - The week ahead is shaping up to be pretty average weather-wise for late January in the Okanagan.

Environment Canada is calling for a mainly cloudy day up and down the valley today, Jan. 23. Expect a 60 per cent chance of rain showers and flurries with a high of 5 Celsius in Penticton. Kelowna and Vernon can expect a 40 per cent chance of flurries today with a high around 3 C.

It will be cloudy overnight, with a 30 per cent chance of flurries in the North and Central Okanagan, and around -2 C. The South Okanagan will have a low of 0 C with no chance of precipitation.

The forecast calls for a mainly cloudy sky in Vernon tomorrow, with a 30 per cent chance of flurries and a high of 1 C. We can expect a mainly cloudy day in Kelowna on Tuesday with a high of 2 C. In Penticton, it will be a cloudy day with a high of 3 C. Overnight the mercury will drop to -3 C up and down the valley.

It will be cloudy in the Okanagan on Wednesday and Thursday with highs of 1 C and overnight lows of around -4 C.

On Friday, expect a cloudy day with a high of -1 C up and down the valley. The temperature will drop to -5 C overnight.

Normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of 0 C and lows of -5 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Brendan Kergin or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile