Clouds, showers and flurries this week in Kamloops


KAMLOOPS - It will be a little cooler than normal this week in Kamloops.

Environment Canada's forecast calls for a mixed bag of weather today, March 6, with a bit of sunshine, some cloud, a chance of flurries and a high of 1 Celsius. The temperature will drop to -6 C overnight.

Tomorrow it will be mainly cloudy with periods of rain or light snow beginning in the afternoon with a high of 4 C. The rain or snow carries on overnight along with a low of -3 C.

Wednesday should be the warmest day of the week and with a high of 5 C and a 60 per cent chance of snow. The temperature drops to -8 C overnight with a 30 per cent chance of flurries.

Thursday will be a little cooler with a high of 4 C and a 30 per cent chance of flurries or rain.  There's a 70 per cent likelihood of snow overnight with a low of -4 C.

Friday wraps up the week with a high of 2 C and a 40 per cent chance of snow. The mercury will fall to -1 C overnight with a 40 per cent chance of rain and flurries.

The first week of March generally sees highs around 9 C and lows of about -2 C in Kamloops.

Environment Canada meteorologists say it'll warm up slightly over the weekend with periods of rain.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Kim Anderson or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

A day dedicated to love and life: How to help celebrate Ryan Shtuka's birthday
SUN PEAKS - This weekend marks Ryan Shtuka's 21st birthday and there's one thing his family wants everyone to do on that day. Heather and Scott Shtuka have been searching for their son since he went missing in the early morning hour

Top News