Clouds and flurries expected across the Okanagan this week

Kaleden snow scene, Jan.2, 2018.

OKANAGAN - Chilly temperatures are expected start off the new year but Environment Canada predicts warmer weather ahead this week for the Okanagan.

Until then, plan for cloudy skies with the possibility of snow sprinkled throughout the week.

Today, Jan. 2, the forecast calls for mainly cloudy skies with a 30 per cent chance of flurries in the morning and a high of -9 Celsius for Kelowna. Environment Canada says Penticton should be mainly cloudy with a 40 per cent chance of flurries in the morning with a steady temperature of -5 C. Vernon should expect to see some sun in the morning, however, increasing cloudiness is expected with a high of -9 C. Across the Okanagan there is a chance of flurries overnight; a 70 per cent chance in Kelowna and Penticton and 30 per cent in Vernon.

Tomorrow, plan for cloudy skies across the Okanagan. In Kelowna and Vernon you can expect a high of -4 C. In addition to cloudy skies, there is a 40 per cent chance of flurries early in the morning for Penticton with a high of -1 C.

Cloudy skies and a high of -2 C is expected across the Okanagan on Thursday. At nigh, temperatures remain steady but there is a 40 per cent chance of flurries.

Plan for a high of 0 C on Friday with periods of snow at night.

Over the weekend, temperatures rise to 1 C on Saturday before falling to 0 C on Sunday.

Normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of -2 C and lows of -8 C.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Taylor Rae or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

MANN: Springtime is all about getting outside
OPINION Spring officially started two days ago and it is hard not to smile. It is nice to open my door in the morning and not be blasted by freezing cold air or have to make an awkward sprint for my vehicle — awkward b

Top News