Chance of flurries across the Okanagan this weekend | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions


Penticton News

Chance of flurries across the Okanagan this weekend

Orlando Froom, 7, and Andrew Bench, 3, are pictured on Old Kamloops Road in Vernon with their sled. The kids can’t wait for snow.
Image Credit: SUBMITTED/Lisa Froom
December 14, 2017 - 10:44 AM

OKANAGAN - It may feel more like winter in the Okanagan after this weekend with some flurries in the forecast, and periods of snow Sunday night.

It will be mainly cloudy today, Dec. 14, with a 40 per cent chance of flurries or rain showers this morning, according to Environment Canada. The temperature is expected to be steady near 0 Celsius in Vernon and Kelowna, while Penticton is looking for a high of 2 C. Overnight expect mainly cloudy skies and a low around -2 C.

Tomorrow will likely be cloudy with a 60 per cent chance of flurries in Kelowna and Vernon, with a high of -1 C. In Penticton, expect a 40 per cent chance of flurries late in the morning and into the afternoon, with a high of 1 C. The temperature is forecast to fall to -4 C overnight across the Okanagan.

Expect a mix of sun and cloud on Saturday with a high of -1 C.

On Sunday, there is a 60 per cent chance of snow flurries with a high of -2 C. Forecasters are calling for periods of snow overnight.

Normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of -1 C and lows of -7 C.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Taylor Rae or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © iNFOnews, 2017

  • Popular kelowna News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile