Dog saves life of Sacramento man after alerting him to fire inside home - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Cloudy
0.4°C

Dog saves life of Sacramento man after alerting him to fire inside home

December 18, 2014 - 10:00 PM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Authorities are crediting a chocolate Labrador with saving the life of a Sacramento man after it alerted him to a fire inside a home that appeared not to have a smoke detector.

Sacramento Fire Department spokesman Roberto Padilla says the man told firefighters he was sleeping when his dog Buddy nudged him and woke him up Thursday night. The man saw a fire burning in a bedroom in the rear of the house.

The Sacramento Bee reports (http://bit.ly/1DR0pvb ) the man suffered some smoke inhalation and had soot on his face.

Padilla says the man did not recall hearing a smoke alarm, and firefighters had found no evidence of a working smoke detector in the house.

He says the home had significant damage.

___

Information from The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com

News from © The Associated Press, 2014
The Associated Press

  • Popular kelowna News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile