BBQ catches fire in Kelowna

KELOWNA – Firefighters snuffed out a barbeque fire before it could spread to the house early yesterday evening.

No one was injured and there was no smoke or water damage to the inside of the home, according to a media release from Scott Cronquist, Kelowna Fire Department platoon captain.

Yesterday, April 21, KFR got an emergency call reporting a barbecue fire in the 1200 block of Hartman Road.

Crews quickly extinguished the fire and would like to remind the public to always monitor barbeques while cooking and to keep them cleaned and maintained. 

The homeowner was home at the time of the fire.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Kim Anderson or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 


letters-to-the-editor
LETTER: Lynn Beyak's anti-Indigenous narrative is not new to Indigenous peoples
  OPINION Editor, Senator Lynn Beyak’s racist letters that were published on her website have been controversial in the media lately but the news frenzy surrounding Beyak’s actions to support an anti-I

Top News