Backyard fire burns quad, trailer in Penticton

Image Credit: FILE PHOTO

PENTICTON - A meat smoke sparked a fire in a backyard in Penticton yesterday afteroon.

Fire crews were called to a home on Allison Street around 3:15 p.m., Dec. 7, arriving to find a large amount of smoke coming from a quad and trailer parked in the yard.

Deputy fire chief Dave Spalding says the fire was extinguished before it could spread to a nearby fence and shed. No buildings were damaged and no one hurt.

He says the probable cause of the fire was a meat smoker that was in use near the trailer. Flammable materials near the smoker were ignited, leading to the trailer and quad fire.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 


letters-to-the-editor
FUHR: Canada summer jobs deadline and recognition for veterans
  OPINION I wish to alert local employers that the deadline for this year’s Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program is fast approaching.  Local employers who are considering using the program have until January 25th

Top News