Accused pleads guilty to 2011 drive-by shooting death of Shuswap man - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Partly Cloudy
0.9°C

Accused pleads guilty to 2011 drive-by shooting death of Shuswap man

Nicholas Larsen.
Image Credit: Memoryleaf.net
October 24, 2016 - 2:25 PM

KAMLOOPS - The gallery in a Kamloops courtroom was packed with people who listened to the accused admit to the 2011 drive-by shooting death of a Shuswap man today.

Jordan Larry Barnes, 29, pleaded guilty in Kamloops Supreme Court today, Oct. 24, to second degree murder in the death of Nicholas Larsen.

Larsen, 25, was gunned down while he was a passenger in a car driving east on Blind Bay Road, about 20 kilometres from Salmon Arm, on June 1, 2011. RCMP had previously said Larsen was shot several times and ended up dying at a nearby friend's house.

Barnes was arrested in Kelowna on June 13, 2014 and his co-accused in the case, Jeremy Wayne Davis, was arrested the day before in Williams Lake.

RCMP had previously said one of the accused was known to the victim.

Davis is expected to have a jury trial on the second degree murder charge he faces beginning next month. Until his trial is over, the details surrounding Barnes's guilty plea cannot be published to prevent influencing potential jurors.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Ashley Legassic or call 250-319-7494 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile