A slow return to more normal temperatures in the Okanagan this week - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Light Snow
0.0°C

A slow return to more normal temperatures in the Okanagan this week

A rainbow can be seen in Kaleden looking north towards Penticton on Monday, Nov. 26, 2017.
November 27, 2017 - 10:45 AM

OKANAGAN - The week begins with unseasonably mild weather in the Okanagan, but the forecast calls for a return to more normal temperatures by Friday.

Environment Canada predicts a mainly cloudy week with a chance of showers or flurries, and daytime high temperatures falling to 4 Celsius on Wednesday and 1 C by Friday.

The forecast calls for a mix of sun and cloud today, Nov. 27, with a high of 7 C. The mercury will fall to approximately 1 C overnight with a 30 per cent chance of showers in Kelowna and Penticton, and a 60 per cent chance of showers or flurries in Vernon.

Plan for cloudy skies tomorrow with a 40 per cent chance of showers in Kelowna and Vernon and a 60 per cent chance in Penticton. Temperatures are expected to remain unusually mild with highs around 6 C during the day and down to 0 C overnight.

Temperatures will continue to cool under cloudy skies on Wednesday and Thursday with highs of around 4 C. On Thursday, forecasters predict a 60 per cent chance of showers across the Okanagan.

On Friday, expect a cloudy day with a 30 per cent chance of showers and a high of 1 C, with a 40 per cent chance of flurries overnight and a low of 0 C.

Normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of 1 C and lows of -5 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Taylor Rae or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kelowna News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile