Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy

2014 Burn permits for open burning now available

March 03, 2014 - 2:53 PM

Property owners can burn with a permit between February 28 and April 30 on properties two hectares (five acres) or over as long as they follow BC Regulation 145/93, which can be found at and follow the regulations detailed in Bylaw 5263 on the City’s website at

The following material must not be included with debris that is open burned:

-  tires
-  treated lumber
-  plastics
-  railway ties
-  drywall
-  manure
-  demolition waste
-  rubber
-  domestic waste
-  asphalt products
-  paint fuel and lubricant containers
-  Hazardous waste
-  biomedical waste
-  tar paper

Burning without a permit is subject to fines of $150 to $300 and up to $1,000 if Vernon Fire Rescue Services is required to have crews and apparatus attend the scene.

For questions or to qualify to purchase a permit, visit Vernon Fire Rescue Services at 3401 30 St or phone 250-542-5361. Permits will be purchased at the City Hall cashier and issued through Vernon Fire Rescue Services.

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile