3113 Serle Crt,
Kamloops, BC V2B 8T1
Who Am I
Friends describe me as funny, easygoing, caring and thoughtful. Clients also describe me as approachable, skilled, reliable and trusted. My 3 sons…well, that’s a story all its own, haha.
Having made Kamloops my home for the past 17 years, I truly love this city and what it has to offer and of course, the great people here. My cat enjoys it here, too. Although I haven’t been in a while, I enjoy golfing…one of these days maybe I can find the time to practice enough to call myself a golfer, too!
As strange as it sounds to some, I genuinely like math…I like the challenge of figuring things out and enjoy the feeling of satisfaction when I’ve worked through a problem and see the results balance as they should at the end. This works well for you, too.
Although I specialize in small business and the unique needs that go along with them, I don’t discriminate and am available for all shapes and sizes of work.
I’ve previously owned my own business prior to bookkeeping which helps me see things better from your perspective and my 30ish years work experience in various capacity with “numbers” gives me the experience and advantage you need to obtain the results you want and need.
Some guidelines I apply to my daily work include:
- Never assume…ask questions to find answers
- Always check for understanding
- Pay close attention to detail
- Offer excellent customer service
- Give solid, current advice based on my client’s individual needs
I work to save you time and money, not the other way around.
What I Do
Here’s a list of some of the solutions your business can expect from me:
- Set up your books (yes, those pesky ledgers and “stuff”)
- Bank & credit card reconciliations
- Bank deposits
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable (aka Paying the Bills & Getting Paid) - Financial statements
- Assist in bookkeeping software set-up on your computer
- Payroll and remittances (Source Deductions; EI, CPP & WCB)
- GST and PST remittances
- ROE’s (that’s Record of Employment if you’re new to this)
- Year-end preparation and closing
- MOBILE service – What works best? Your place or mine?
- Peace of mind, solid advice, excellent customer service and perhaps the occasional laugh
Needing something not on the list? Ask! I don’t want to overwhelm, so don’t have every option listed but rest assured, we can create a plan that works for your needs and your timeline and budget.
Don’t worry if you have a few months or even a few years of “catch-up” work to be done. That’s really common and I completely understand. Don’t put it off any more! Simply toss it all in a box and hand it over – I’ll sort it out for you and you’ll be caught up and feel lighter in no time.
You will appreciate my very competitive rates that vary based on services needed. (I’ve been told I charge less and offer better results and service, but you’ll have to decide that for yourself.)
Be honest…WHY did you start your business? Why do you still run it?
Was it so you could get buried in paperwork? Or was it to stay on top of paperwork, but potentially be missing out on the special things that YOU offer that help your business (& you) thrive and grow even more?
Didn’t think so. Get back to why you run your business in the first place and let me take care of those other details.
WHY hire a Bookkeeper?
Well, the simplest answer is…WHY NOT?! That said, I know you need a little more info than that, so here are 5 truths to answer why a bookkeeper is important and why you should consider hiring one if you don’t have one:
1. When completed properly, accurate bookkeeping makes your records more reliable saving your time and money
2. In order to properly submit your taxes (& in case of an audit), pay your bills, ensure you are getting paid properly, keep your employees happy with accurate paycheques and keep the government happy with accurate returns, it is crucial to have a current, accurate set of company accounts and records
3. As a business owner you must choose – “Is it more important to split my time and focus to manage growing my business AND keep up on my books, OR is there greater value in outsourcing the bookkeeping tasks to a professional at reasonable rates (while still saving on extra “employee” costs such as vacation pay, EI, CPP, WCB etc)”
4. Even the best accounting software is of no use if the data entered isn’t accurate (rules and mandates change regularly – do you know when and what they are?)
5. A bookkeeper’s main role is to ensure accuracy, transparency and clarity of your financial operations to help you operate in the most effective way
Now that you know you need a bookkeeper…and there’s lots out there…WHY should you hire ME?
My witty comebacks and good looks, of course. But more importantly, you will benefit from: - My 30+ years experience and dedication to my chosen profession - Proficient in various computerized programs such as Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) and QuickBooks - Commitment to customer satisfaction - Whether you are starting a NEW business or maintaining and working to grow an established company, you can trust that I will meet your individual needs - Service you can count on…confident enough that it’s in my business name COUNT ON IT BOOKKEEPING
I look forward to adding you to my list of satisfied clients.
CONTACT ME today!