Yes, it has been an unusually wet month so far in Kamloops - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mainly Clear

Yes, it has been an unusually wet month so far in Kamloops

July 2016 is Kamloops' wettest in four years.
July 06, 2016 - 8:00 PM

KAMLOOPS - If it's summer, it sure doesn't feel like it, yet.

So far Kamloops has had far more than its share of rain. In the first five days of July, we got 14.2 mm of precipitation — almost double the entire month of July 2015 when Kamloops only saw 7.2 mm of precipitation, according to Environment Canada.

Historically, July is an extremely dry month in Kamloops. According to Environment Canada, in 2013 there was a recorded 1.2 mm of precipitation. In 2014, Kamloops recorded 30.5 mm of precipitation but 23.2 mm of came in one day. Without the flash flood, Kamloops would have had just 7.3 mm in July 2014.

Don’t put those umbrellas away yet.

Environment Canada forecasts even more rain in the coming days. Thursday July 7 has a 30 per cent chance of rain. The weekend isn’t much better with a 60 per cent chance of showers on Saturday followed by a 40 per cent chance on Sunday.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Kim Anderson or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile