Warrant issued for arrest of alleged sex offender
By Meaghan Archer
Alleged sex offender Roy C. O'Donaghey failed to show up for his court date today, and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
(MEAGHAN ARCHER / iNFOnews.ca)
October 08, 2014 - 3:14 PM
PENTICTON - A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a Keremeos man who failed to attend his sentencing at the Penticton courthouse Wednesday afternoon.
Roy Charles O’Donaghey faces two charges of exposing genitals to a minor, to which he previously pleaded not guilty. The charges stem from two incidents during the summer of 2011 when O’Donaghey let his dog lick his genitals in front of one boy on June 28, 2011, and then another on Aug. 19, 2011.
The interview in which O’Donaghey revealed this information was recorded at the Keremeos police detachment sometime after his arrest in 2011.
Defense lawyer Jim Pennington said he has not seen his client since June 2014. O’Donaghey never responded to any of Pennington’s phone calls or text messages either, he said. O’Donaghey did know his sentencing was scheduled for today, Pennington said.
Outside the courtroom, family and friends of the victims said they saw O’Donaghey driving around town just days ago. But for now, O’Donaghey remains at large and a new date will be scheduled for the sentencing in Penticton Provincial Court.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Meaghan Archer at email@example.com or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014