Unattended stove sparks Kelowna kitchen fire - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
23.8°C

Unattended stove sparks Kelowna kitchen fire

Image Credit: Shutterstock
June 15, 2019 - 7:47 AM

KELOWNA - An unattended pot on a stove appears to have caused a kitchen fire in Kelowna yesterday.

According to a press release, the Kelowna Fire Department responded to a 911 call regarding a kitchen fire in the 400 block of Bach Road at 4:40 p.m. on June 14.

Crews found smoke in the upper portion of the house, but the occupants managed to extinuish the blaze themselves. The house is currently not habitable, but none of the occupants were injured.

A pot that was left on a stove seems to have caused the fire.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Sean Mott or call (250) 864-7494 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2019
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile