Two Penticton break-ins interrupted
Two break and enters were interupted in Penticton last week.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
October 17, 2017 - 11:10 AM
PENTICTON - Two break and enters were thwarted in Penticton last week, one by police and the other by the homeowner.
Police spokesperson Cpl. Don Wrigglesworth says officers were alerted to a break-in at a home in the 600 block of Main Street on Oct. 13 around 10 a.m.
Officers arrived on scene to find two men attempting to pry open a door to the building. When they saw police they fled the scene in an older model, single cab Dodge truck.
The men failed to gain entry to the building. Police patrols were unable to find the suspect vehicle.
Wrigglesworth says at 10:44 a.m. the same day, police were called to Caribou Street when a resident found a man inside his home. The suspect had gained entry by breaking a window. The man fled after threatening the homeowner.
A coin collection, a Nintendo game and personal papers were reported missing.
The suspect is described as a Caucasian man, between 25 to 35 years old, roughly 5'11" tall and balding.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017