Summer 2.0 on its way to Kamloops after more cool, rainy weather | Kamloops News | iNFOnews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
4.0°C

Kamloops News

Summer 2.0 on its way to Kamloops after more cool, rainy weather

Kamloops can expect to see several days of sun and clouds, mixed with showers before a clearing trend and rising temperatures return next week.
September 24, 2020 - 8:12 AM

Fall-like weather is forecast for Kamloops through until Sunday, but a return to summer-like conditions is possible in next week.

The Weather Network meteorologist Tyler Hamilton says there are strong indications a high pressure system will set up shop next week in Kamloops, bringing potentially record breaking conditions to the city as October approaches.

“We’ve got that upper trough that’s over the province from Thursday until Sunday, with lots of rain and possible thunderstorms throughout southern B.C., but once we head into Monday, temperatures could reach the mid to upper 20s again in southern B.C., up to 10 degrees above normal,” he says.

The forecast calls for a mix of sun and cloud today, Sept. 24, in Kamloops with a 30 per cent chance of showers in the afternoon. Winds are expected from the southeast at 30 km/h gusting to 50, with a high of 20 Celsius and a low of 12 C.

More clouds are in the forecast for Friday along with a 60 per cent chance of showers and a high of 18 C. There’s a 40 per cent chance of showers continuing through Friday night with a low down to 7 C.

Saturday looks like the nicest day of the weekend, with sunny skies and a high of 19 C expected. There’s a 60 per cent chance of showers predicted for Saturday night with a low to 12 C.

That 60 per cent probability of showers extends into Sunday with a high of 19 C, followed by cloudy periods overnight and a low to 14 C.

A mix of sun and clouds are expected for Monday with a high to 25 C along with a low of 10 C.

On Tuesday, the clearing trend continues, with sunny skies, a high of 24 C and a low of 9 C expected.

More sun is forecast for Wednesday, with a high of 25 C.

Kamloops’s normal high and low for this time of year are 19 C and 7 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular penticton News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile