Request for food vending services
May 27, 2014 - 9:51 AM
The District of West Kelowna is seeking mobile vendors to provide food and beverage service for nine Music in the Park events. The events are held at Memorial Park, 3737 Old Okanagan Highway in West Kelowna. The Music in the Park program runs on Fridays from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the following dates: July 4, 11, 18, 25, and August 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29.
Food and beverage vending services are required from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. during each event. The District of West Kelowna is interested in securing a maximum of two vendors.
Applicants must meet a variety of requirements. They include:
- Power source for vending unit. There is no electricity on site.
- Liability insurance naming the District of West Kelowna as additionally insured for two (2) million dollars.
- Proof of a “Permit to Operate” from Interior Health.
- Proof of WorkSafe BC insurance (if applicable).
- Proof of a current District of West Kelowna Business License.
- Sample menu or list of food and beverage items offered.
- Picture of the mobile vending unit (exterior only).
The District of West Kelowna reserves the right to accept or reject any applications. Submission of an application does not guarantee a license to operate vending services during the Music in the Park events.
All interested applicants are invited to fill out a DWK Music in the Park Food and Beverage Vending Application Form available from Municipal Hall at 2760 Cameron Road or on the District of West Kelowna website at www.districtofwestkelowna.ca. All applications must be submitted by Thursday, June 12, 2014.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014