Rainy week in the forecast for Kamloops | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions


Kamloops News

Rainy week in the forecast for Kamloops

Above seasonal temperatures will bring clouds and showers to Kamloops at least until Thursday, when a weather change is expected to bring cooler temperatures.
Image Credit: FILE PHOTO
November 26, 2018 - 11:34 AM

KAMLOOPS - A rainy work week is in the forecast for Kamloops.

But Environment Canada meteorologist Bobby Sekhon says the expected warmer than normal temperatures this week means it’s unlikely the city will see much snow. Temperatures are forecast to run a few degrees warmer than the seasonal normal high of 2 Celsius and low of -4 C.

Sekhon says the province is experiencing an "atmospheric river" of warm, moisture-laden tropical air bringing rain instead of snow, at least for the first half of the week. By Thursday, Nov. 29, Sekhon says a shift in the weather pattern will bring a return to more normal temperatures and the possibility that precipitation will fall in the form of snow.

There is at least a 40 per cent chance of showers each day from today, Nov. 26, through to Friday for the city, along with a 60 per cent chance that precipitation could be flurries on Thursday night.

For today, Environment Canada says to expect a high of 6 C with a 60 per cent chance of showers and snow levels rising from 800 to 1,100 metres this afternoon. It will be windy too, with 30 km/h east winds gusting to 50. Tonight, the winds continue, with a 40 per cent chance of showers and the temperature steady near 5 C.

Tomorrow will see mainly cloudy skies and a 40 per cent chance of showers in the morning and afternoon with a high of 8 C. The temperature will drop to 3 C overnight with a 40 per cent chance of showers.

The weather office is calling for a mix of sun and cloud on Wednesday with a 40 per cent chance of showers and a high of 6 C.

On Thursday and Friday, the chance of showers increases to 60 per cent with highs of around 4 C. Thursday night, with temperatures dropping to 1 C, there is a 60 per cent chance of snow flurries.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2018

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile