UPDATE: Missing trio from Alberta not missing after all - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
14.4°C

UPDATE: Missing trio from Alberta not missing after all

Penticton RCMP were seeking the public's assistance in locating two Alberta men and an 11-year-old boy missing since May 31, 2019. Turns out the trio were camping in the B.C. Interior.
Image Credit: SUBMITTED / RCMP
June 18, 2019 - 9:21 AM

PENTICTON - Two men and an 11-year-old boy from Alberta travelling in B.C. who were reported missing yesterday have contacted the police to say they had been camping.

Conrad Johnston and his son Conrad Jr. Johnston left their home in Lethbridge, Alta. and RCMP thought they may have been travelling with their friend Nickolas Grunwald in the B.C. Interior, Vancouver Island or the Lower Mainland.

Police said they had not been in touch with family since May 31, prompting a police request late yesterday, June 17, for public assistance in locating the trio.

Conrad Johnston and Nickolas Grunwald called INFOnews.ca this morning, June 18, after reading the missing persons story.

Turns out the three were camping in the B.C. Interior and were "safe and sound."

"We're just enjoying some camping and the finer things in life," Conrad Johnston said.

They have called police and let them know where they are and that they are safe.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © Infotel News Ltd, 2019
Infotel News Ltd

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile