Person, pet escape early morning Kelowna motorhome fire - InfoNews

Current Conditions

8.9°C

Person, pet escape early morning Kelowna motorhome fire

May 06, 2020 - 7:36 AM

A working smoke alarm saved a person and a pet after the motorhome they were sleeping in caught fire early this morning.

Kelowna Fire Department says they were called to the motorhome fire in 1900 block of Union Road in Glenmore, around 2 a.m. May 6.

When they arrived, flames were coming through the roof, Platoon Capt. John Kelly said in a release. The fire was put out quickly without damaging anything else. The occupant and a pet are in the hands of Emergency Social Services. 

"The fire is believed to be electrical in nature," Kelly said. 


To contact a reporter for this story, email Marshall Jones or call 250-718-2724 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular penticton News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile