Kamloops traffic and construction update week of June 14
Contributed/City of Kamloops
(JENNIFER STAHN / iNFOnews.ca)
June 14, 2015 - 4:00 AM
The following is the City of Kamloops' project update for the week of June 14.
Columbia Street Widening Project
- Sunday, June 14, crews will be working in the south side lanes between 3rd Avenue and 6th Avenue. A minimum of two travel lanes on Columbia Street will remain open (one each direction).
- A reminder that the south sidewalk on Columbia Street between 3rd and 6th Avenue is currently closed to all pedestrian traffic. Pedestrians are advised to use the north sidewalk and to use the crosswalk at 4th Avenue to access the south side businesses, or the crosswalk at 3rd Avenue to access the hospital.
- On Monday, June 15 and Tuesday, June 16, water will be shut off between 9 am and 3 pm to allow for the extension of water services on Columbia Street between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue. As a result, traffic may be reduced to single lane, alternating.
- The web cam on Columbia Street at 3rd Avenue is now operational, providing motorists with east, west and north views (http://www.kamloops.ca/kammute/index.shtml).
- For up to date transit information (including rerouting), visit: http://bctransit.com/kamloops/home (trip alerts) or call 250-376-1216.
Overlanders Bridge Project
- The Fortune Drive overpass is now re-opened to traffic. There may be periodic night closures (between 11 pm and 5 am).
- A reminder that the Tranquille Road entry ramp on to the bridge remains closed to all traffic, with the exception of emergency vehicles, and transit and school buses.
- Motorists are also reminded of the 30 km/h posted speed through the construction zone. Please slow down, and obey all traffic control signs and personnel.
- The web cam on Fortune Drive at Leigh Road is now operational, providing motorists with north, south and west views (http://www.kamloops.ca/kammute/index.shtml).
- Additional zipper merge signage has now been installed on Fortune Drive north of Leigh Road, and on Leigh Road at Fortune Drive.
- The City of Kamloops thanks you for your patience!
12th Street Road Reconstruction (Tranquille Road to Lethbridge Avenue)
- Construction starts Monday, June 15 with anticipated completion by October.
- The construction window is Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:30 pm with additional night/weekend work as required.
- Driveway access to residents and businesses may be temporarily restricted to accommodate construction.
- Occasional partial or total road closures will be required to complete the work.
- For the duration of construction, bus transit Route 2 will be rerouted along 13th Street (northbound) and 11th Street (southbound) between Tranquille Road and Halston Avenue.
- Residential garbage collection will not be affected.
For more information on these projects, visit http://www.kamloops.ca/kammute/index.shtml
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015