Kamloops RCMP nab 38 impaired drivers so far this holiday season
Image Credit: Shutterstock
December 19, 2016 - 2:50 PM
KAMLOOPS - Three weekends into the annual Counter Attack program and Kamloops RCMP are reporting 38 impaired drivers have been taken off the roads.
RCMP says officers issued 16 90-day immediate roadside prohibitions for impaired driving since the beginning of the month and another 15 three-day prohibitions along with seven 24-hour prohibitions have been issued.
Along with with the prohibitions, police caught a few other drivers for other infractions including five vehicles without insurance, 12 drug seizures and two unlicensed drivers. One driver was caught misusing licence plates.
"The consequences of impaired driving are massive. You’re risking your life and the lives of others," Const. Jason Epp says in a media release. "Do your part to reduce the risk."
Counter Attack road checks will continue for the rest of the month.
For those thinking of drinking, police say taxis and busses are always an option, as is Operation Red Nose.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Brendan Kergin or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016