Home explosion on Stevens Road

MARIJUANA OIL EXTRACTION GONE WRONG

KAMLOOPS - A house in the 300 block so Stevens Drive was caused by three young men using a butane torch to get oil out of marijuana leaves, police say.

RCMP Cpl. Cheryl Bush says two youth were taken to hospital with minor injuries after the blast blew out windows and frames in the home around 6 p.m. Tuesday. Gas from the butane may have accumulated and then ignited, resulting in a forceful explosion, she said.

A neighbor who came to assist was also taken to hospital for treatment. Police and Kamloops fire department are still investigating.

To contact a reporter for this story, email: jwallace@infotelnews.ca, call: (250) 319-7494 or tweet: @jess__wallace.


MOVIE REVIEW: 'Jumanji' sequel serves up stars, good hearted fun
More than two decades after Robin Williams conquered that pesky board game, "Jumanji" has been resurrected with more and glossier stars (Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart and Jack Black), a comedy director and a "modern" twist. The r

Top News