Home damaged by fire in bathroom - InfoNews

Current Conditions


Home damaged by fire in bathroom

May 17, 2016 - 5:53 AM

KELOWNA - A home in the Mission is still standing but was heavily damaged by fire and smoke yesterday.

Kelowna Fire Department was called to the 400-block of Roepel Road around 6:30 p.m., May 16, and found smoke billowing from the rear of the home and the soffits of the roof. Inside they found the fire in the basement bathroom and knocked it down, according to a release from Platoon Capt. John Kelly.

"The bathroom suffered heavy fire damage with smoke and heat damage to the rest of the basement," he says.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Marshall Jones or call 250-718-2724 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kelowna News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile