Fall weather creeping into forecast for the Okanagan - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
10.3°C

Fall weather creeping into forecast for the Okanagan

Enjoy today's late summer conditions in the Okanagan, as Environment Canada is predicting wetter, cooler weather just in time for the weekend.
September 06, 2018 - 10:30 AM

The Okanagan can expect another fine late summer day today before a weather change arrives, just in time for the weekend.

Environment Canada says major cities in the valley will reach a high of 28 Celsius under a mix of sun and cloud today, Sept.6.

Expect increasing clouds tomorrow with a high of 26 C and a 40 per cent chance of showers on Friday, continuing through the evening.

Saturday and Sunday will be a mixed bag of clouds and a 40 per cent chance of rain Saturday night, increasing to 60 per cent on Sunday.

Highs are expected to only reach 21 C on Saturday and 20 C on Sunday, with a 70 per cent chance of rain continuing into Sunday night.

Monday, expect to see showers and a high of 18 C.

Kelowna residents are used to normal highs of 22 C this time of year.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2018
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile