Expect sunny skies and highs in the 20s this weekend | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions


Vernon News

Expect sunny skies and highs in the 20s this weekend

Image Credit: istockphoto.com
September 26, 2014 - 7:29 AM

THOMPSON-OKANAGAN - It's been getting cooler these past few weeks but it appears the last weekend of September will bring sunny skies and temperatures above 20 Celcius.

For gardeners, nights will continue to be warm until the first few days of October next week, when temperatures could dip below zero.

Environment Canada predicts Friday afternoon could be a bit wet in Vernon and Kelowna, with a 60 per cent chance of rain predicted in the afternoon and overnight and a high of 18 C. On Saturday and Sunday highs will reach 21 C under sunny skies but Monday will bring cloud and a 40 per cent chance of showers.

For Kamloops there's only a 30 per cent chance of showers Friday afternoon and a predicted high of 21 C. It'll be 20-22 C Saturday, Sunday and Monday with sun shining down.

It might get a bit windy in Penticton Friday with winds coming from the south at 20 kilometres per hour in the afternoon and a 60 per cent chance of rain. Saturday and Sunday should be filled with glorious sunshine and a high of 20-21 C before clouds and a chance of rain returns on Monday.

— This story was updated at 7:46 a.m., Sept. 26, 2014 with additional details.

News from © iNFOnews, 2014

  • Popular kelowna News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile