Monaco's new mother Princess Charlene is recovering in hospital after revealing cesarean birth - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
1.6°C

Monaco's new mother Princess Charlene is recovering in hospital after revealing cesarean birth

General view of Monaco and its yachts docked in the harbour, Friday, Dec. 12, 2014. For the first time since Monaco was founded in the 13th century, its royal family gave birth to twins on Wednesday, and dozens of cannons were fired to celebrate. Monaco's Princess Charlene had a girl first and a boy second, but the boy will be the principality's future ruler, reflecting the male priority of Monaco's laws of succession. (AP Photo/Claude Paris)
December 17, 2014 - 7:21 AM

PARIS - Princess Charlene of Monaco says she's recovering in hospital after having given birth to royal baby twins prematurely by Cesarean section last week.

The South Africa-born new mother of two has given her first interviews to French media since the Dec. 10 births that captivated the tiny principality.

Charlene, 36, said she is "a little tired but we're all very well thank you," despite having given birth two weeks early.

She says she hopes to show off hereditary heir Prince Jacques and his older sister — by 2 minutes — Gabriella to the world at the beginning of next week, and hopes to be out of hospital in time to celebrate Christmas with her husband, Prince Albert.

Albert is the son of the late Hollywood star-turned princess, Grace of Monaco.

News from © The Associated Press, 2014
The Associated Press

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile