Princess Anne leaves hospital after treatment for concussion | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source
Subscribe

Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter?

Princess Anne leaves hospital after treatment for concussion

FILER - Britain's Princess Anne attends the Not Forgotten Association Annual Garden Party at Buckingham Palace in London, Friday May 17, 2024. Buckingham Palace says Princess Anne has sustained minor injuries and concussion following an incident on the Gatcombe Park estate on Sunday, June 23, 2024. The 73-year-old sister of King Charles III has been hospitalized as a precautionary measure for observation and is expected to make a full recovery. (Victoria Jones/Pool Photo via AP, File)

LONDON (AP) — Princess Anne has left the hospital and returned to her southwestern England estate after an accident thought to involve a horse left her with a concussion.

The king’s 73-year-old sister had been to Southmead Hospital as a precautionary measure and is expected to make a full recovery after she was injured Sunday while walking at her Gatcombe Park estate. Her husband, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, applauded the doctors and nurses for their care in a statement Friday.

“I would like to extend my warmest thanks to all the team at Southmead Hospital for their care, expertise and kindness during my wife’s short stay,'' Laurence said.

The cause of Anne’s injuries wasn’t clear, but doctors said her injuries were consistent with an impact from a horse’s head or legs.

___

Find more of AP’s coverage at https://apnews.com/hub/royalty

News from © The Associated Press, 2024
The Associated Press

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile