Clouds, showers and sunshine this week in the Okanagan - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
14.5°C

Clouds, showers and sunshine this week in the Okanagan

April 08, 2019 - 10:00 AM

OKANAGAN - A little bit of everything is forecast for the Okanagan this week.

Environment Canada is forecasting a week of both wet and dry days with temperatures staying pretty close to seasonal norms.

Today, April 8, the forecast calls for increasing cloud with a few showers beginning this afternoon and a daytime high of 11 Celsius. Along with a chance of showers overnight, the mercury is expect to droop to 6 C with a snow level of about 1200 metres.

Tomorrow will see mainly cloudy skies in the valley with a 40 per cent chance of showers in the morning and a high of 14 C. Cloudy periods and a low of 1 C overnight tomorrow should give way to a 60 per cent chance of showers on Wednesday with a high of 10 C. A 60 per cent chance of showers continues through Wednesday night with a low of 3 C.

On Thursday expect more cloudy skies with a high of 9 C and a low of 2 C.

There is no precipitation in the forecast for Friday, with sunny skies and a high of 14 C expected.

The forecast for next weekend calls for for clouds, a 60 per cent chance of showers and near seasonable temperatures of 13 C.

Normal temperatures for this time of year in the Okanagan are highs of around 14 C and lows of about 1 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © Infotel News Ltd, 2019
Infotel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile