Attempted murder charge laid in connection to Aberdeen house fire
January 12, 2018 - 11:33 AM
KAMLOOPS - An attempted murder charge has been laid in connection to a house fire in Aberdeen last year.
Megan Teresa Medos is facing three charges in relation to the May 2017 fire at a Dunbar Drive property.
According to court documents, Medos allegedly attempted to commit the murder of a person by arson. The alleged victim's name is bound by a court-ordered publication ban.
She's also accused of intentionally or recklessly causing damage by fire or explosion to the home located on Dunbar Drive, knowing or being reckless of the fact that the property was occupied.
The third charge on the court document shows that Medos allegedly intentionally or recklessly caused damage by fire or explosion to the property, which fire or explosion seriously threatened the health, safety or property of the alleged victim.
Kamloops RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Jodi Shelkie told iNFOnews.ca yesterday, Jan. 12, that police attended the May 14, 2017 fire and found evidence to lead them to believe it was suspicious.
In the days following, Shelkie said, a 19-year-old woman was arrested. She was not previously known to police.
Kamloops Fire Rescue responded to the 1300 block of Dunbar Drive in the early morning hours of May 14. Everyone inside was able to escape uninjured but the home was badly damaged, police said at the time.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Ashley Legassic or call 250-319-7494 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2018