A little bit of everything weather-wise in the Okanagan this weekend - InfoNews

Current Conditions


A little bit of everything weather-wise in the Okanagan this weekend

Looking across Skaha Lake to Mount Christie from Kaleden.
Image Credit: FILE PHOTO
March 23, 2017 - 11:04 AM

OKANAGAN - Spring has arrived in the Okanagan and the weekend will showcase typical spring weather with mild temperatures, clouds, showers and some sun.

We are expecting a high today, March 23, of 11 Celsius in the Okanagan, according to Environment Canada, with a mix of sun and clouds. This evening more cloud will arrive along with a 40 per cent chance of showers and a low around 3 C.

Tomorrow those showers are more likely, with a 70 per cent chance of precipitation, though temperatures will stay pretty much the same, with highs around 10 C. That’ll drop down overnight to 2 C, but the chance of showers will lessen to 30 per cent.

The weekend will start off grey, with clouds forecast for Saturday and a 30 per cent chance of showers. Again the high is predicted to be around 10 C. Overnight that’s going to drop significantly to -4 C as the cloud cover begins to break up.

Sunday will be the bright spot with a high of 11 C and a mix of sun and cloud. That night it’ll drop back to 2 C and a chance of showers will return.

Seasonally normal temperatures in the Okanagan are highs of about 11 C and lows around 1 C.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Brendan Kergin or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile