2016 Annual Review Showcases Programs and Services
Image Credit: Contributed/RDCO
February 10, 2017 - 9:09 AM
KELOWNA - Everything you would like to know about the Regional District of Central Okanagan can be found in one place: the 2016 Annual Review.
Communications Officer Bruce Smith says, “The 49-page full colour publication outlines the wide variety of services and programs that we provide throughout the Central Okanagan. The Annual Review showcases department by department highlights for 2016 while outlining the initiatives planned for 2017.”
Among the proposed initiatives for this year:
· Trail and infrastructure improvements in several regional parks including Glen Canyon, Goats Peak, Kaloya, Kopje, KLO Creek and Johns Family Nature Conservancy.
· Expansion of the Block Watch crime prevention program in West Kelowna, Peachland, Lake Country and the electoral areas.
· Development of a monitoring and evaluation program for the Regional Growth Strategy.
· Adoption of a new Solid Waste Management Plan and Final Closure Plan for the former Westside landfill.
· Complete construction on the multi-million dollar infrastructure upgrades for the Westshore and Killiney Beach water systems.
Smith adds, “Our Annual Review is one of the popular downloads on the Regional District website throughout the year in part because it chronicles the diverse services and programs provided by the Regional District. Not only are we the local government for those living in the Central Okanagan East and West Electoral Areas but we provide efficient and effective services such as Animal Control, Recycling, Regional Parks and the Regional Emergency Program to those in Kelowna, Lake Country, Peachland and West Kelowna as well as specific services through agreements with the Westbank First Nation.”
The 2016 Annual Review is available online at regionaldistrict.com or printed copies may be picked up at the Regional District office, 1450 KLO Road in Kelowna.
FYI contains information submitted from the public and is displayed exactly as it was received. Information is clearly attributed in bylines and not created by iNFOnews.ca staff. For more information, please contact the referring organization. If you have questions about FYI, or would like to submit information to FYI, please send directly to email@example.com.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017