Kamloops wineries take home 14 medals at national wine competition
Image Credit: SUBMITTED/Privato winery
KAMLOOPS — Three Kamloops wineries won a record-breaking 14 medals at this year’s All Canadian Wine Championships.
The medals were shared between Harper’s Trail, Monte Creek Ranch and Privato Vineyard and Winery.
More than1,300 wines from across the country were critiqued by a panel of 18 judges, according to a news release issued the Kamloops Wineries Association.
“Impressive scores received by the three Kamloops wineries resulted in the 14-medal showing including Best in Class Double Medals awarded to all three wineries in a variety of categories,” Trish Morelli with the Kamloops Wineries Association says in a media release.
In the Pinot Noir category, Privato Vineyard and Winery won three Best in Class Double Gold medals for three of their wines including the 2017 Pinot Noir, 2016 North of the 50 Pinot Noir and 2015 Grane Reserve Pinot Noir.
Here’s how the rest did:
• Double Gold/Best in Class: Harper’s Trail 2018 Pioneer Block Riesling
• Double Gold/Best in Class: Monte Creek Ranch 2017 Chardonnay Reserve
• Double Gold/Best in Class: Monte Creek Ranch 2017 Hands Up White
• Double Gold/Best in Class: Privato 2017 Pinot Noir
• Double Gold/Best in Class: Privato 2016 North of 50 Pinot Noir
• Double Gold/Best in Class: Privato 2015 Grand Reserve Pinot Noir
• Gold Medal: Monte Creek Ranch 2018 Riesling
• Silver Medal: Harper’s Trail 2018 Silver Mane Riesling
• Silver Medal: Monte Creek Ranch 2016 Cabernet Merlot
• Silver Medal: Monte Creek Ranch 2016 Pinot Noir Reserve
• Bronze Medal: Harper’s Trail 2016 Sparkling Chardonnay
• Bronze Medal: Monte Creek Ranch 2017 Hands Up Red
• Bronze Medal: Monte Creek Ranch 2017 Chardonnay
• Bronze Medal: Monte Creek Ranch 2018 Riesling Reserve
To contact a reporter for this story, email Karen Edwards or call (250) 819-3723 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © iNFOnews, 2019