8 Places in Kelowna to indulge in Gluten-free treats with coffee
This one is all for my GF peeps.
I always feel a little guilty when I post delicious things that they are not able to enjoy. Luckily having gluten allergies is not the tastebud death sentence that it used to be. In today’s world, genius modern bakers have concocted a much larger, much tastier spectrum of foods to eat.
Coffee and treat dates are one of my favourite ways to visit with friends. Here are 8 places to go for a fabulous coffee and a delectable treat to share with your GF pals.
1. Karat Chocolate & Pastry Boutique steals my heart every time I visit. Exquisitely beautiful chocolates and pastries all lined up under glass is a feast for the eyes. Cue to stomach and you will be happily indulged with whatever you choose. GFs, here you can savour a hazelnut Rocher (You know like those Ferrero Rocher balls? Ya, well Karat’s version that is a zillion times better) and/or a new gf and vegan super chocolatey brownie. https://www.karatchocolate.ca
2. One Big Table - This adorable, local-items-only shop is also a great destination for yummy food. They have GF baked goods that perfectly pair with your coffee like blondies and brownies. After your snack you can do a shop for local veggies, cheeses, meats and more. http://www.onebigtable.ca
3. QB Gelato – Affogatos are one my top afternoon indulgences. A scoop of gelato is ‘drowned’ (the word affogato in Italian) in espresso. This is GF AND if you are dairy intolerant, Victor and Kevin have you covered too with a coconut milk gelato.
4. Canoe Coffee – Located in the cool edgy north end of town, you will find this hip coffee destination. Delectable in house roasted coffee (love the flat white) can be paired with a GF muffin, apple crumble or brownie. Open from 7 a.m. for early birds. https://canoecoffeeroasters.com
5. Giobean truly is coffee the Italian way. Perhaps not so Italian,is their conciousness for the GFs. Super yummy Treehugger cookies are super healthy too. http://giobeancoffee.com/
6. Bliss Bakery has GF options that range from breakfast to lunch to treats – how about a hearty Morning Glory Muffin with your cuppa?
7. Bean Scene coffeehouses are pioneers in the local roastery biz, and they were also some of the first to offer housemade treats with their coffee. The Cosmic Cookie is out of this world and is GF. https://beanscene.ca
8. And for the grand finale…Pulp Fiction Coffee House has GF donuts (on select days) and beautiful Florentines. They also have GF bread to make sandwiches if you are looking for lunch too.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor.