6 hot Okanagan spots that feature local wines on the menu
When in wine country, you drink local wine.
Sometimes, this can be harder than it sounds so best to check out the wine lists online before you go and please do support our independently owned and operated businesses.
Here are a few places that you are sure to find a great selection of super local wine:
1. Tutt Street Tapas & Wine: This is the kind of wine bar where everybody knows your name. Mostly because owner Rita Myers is basically a one-woman show and puts her whole heart into operating this cozy little nook. Rita is a passionate and knowledgeable wine aficionado and a major supporter of the local small wineries. She hosts Wine Wednesday events brininging in the winemakers to chat with guests and pour wine. Note: lots of yummy veggie options on the menu. https://tuttsttapas.com
2. micro bar bites: Next door to their big sister RauDZ Regional Table, this hip little tapas bar focusses on good food and drink. The somms at RauDZ know their local wine scene and pick from the best including the new and the micro wineries. https://microkelowna.com
3. Mile Zero Wine Bar- Penticton based, the Cronie family has a huge range of local wines by the glass and by bottle. There are a whopping 20 wines offered by the glass and the list changes every Friday. https://www.milezerowinebar.com
4. Waterfront Café – The sister resto downtown is called Waterfront Wines for good reason – they know wine. Chef/co-owner Mark Filatow is also a sommelier and he and his team of winecentric staff know a thing or two about what you should be drinking. The Café behind the hospital is open all day and is a great spot for a delicious snack and a glass of vino. https://waterfrontrestaurant.ca
5. Krafty Kitchen- A lovely room housed in a cool brick building downtown Kelowna, Krafty is all about delicious food, cocktails and they love B.C. wine. They love it so much that they even offer wine tours of Kelowna and West Kelowna. https://www.kraftykitchen.ca
6. Oak & Cru- Located in the Delta Grand Okanagan, you might guess from the name that this is a wine-focussed restaurant and you would be correct. Loads of local choices here by the glass and bottle. This is a full-sized restaurant with a great menu. https://oakandcru.com
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor.